Room Parent Info
Calling all Bailey parents who are interested in becoming a room parent this year. On August 19, at 8pm there will be a Signup Genius link on this website that you can sign up for Room Parent for your child’s classroom. The PTO is looking for energetic parents that want to help assist the teacher and you also provide a vital link between the PTO and school. For this school year, there will be two room parents per classroom, unless other arrangements have been made with the Room Parent Coordinator.
Please read below for some of the tasks that will be shared between the room parents.
- Point person in your child’s classroom that the teacher will go to about happenings with the PTO. This includes making sure that the classroom receives any communication from the PTO and keeping up with all the happenings with the PTO.
- Are the person that the teacher will go to if they need help or assistance with any classroom task.
- Be the person that other parents can contact if they have any questions about classroom activities.
- Be the first to be called by a PTO Committee Chair if help is needed specifically for your classroom. Examples from last year: Pizza party help for winners from Bailey at The Bogey, community service project of blanket making.
- Be in charge of planning and organizing the Harvest Party, Holiday Party and End of Year Party for your classroom.
- Be tasked to create a classroom directory IF you both choose to do one.
- Be responsible for collecting money for the teacher’s birthday, holiday and end of year gifts or any other special event gift, such as a baby or bridal gift.
- Provide any other assistance as needed through out the school year.
- You must attend the mandatory room parent meeting on September 18, at 9:30am.
Further details of these responsibilities will be discussed at the mandatory room parent meeting in September. If you have any questions about becoming a room parent, please contact Christa Aylward, Room Parent Coordinator & PTO President Elect at firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-415-7200